Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 2011!

I've snuggled up in a booth at Panera, soothing my insomniac soul with a bowl of black bean soup. It is Tuesday afternoon...reminds me of all those Tuesday afternoons spent at the Panera on Gallows Road while working at The Vine....good times.

We had a snow day yesterday, made it really hard to get up this morning. Most of the snow is melted off the roads...I'm trying not to think of how much snow we could get in the next couple of months and just taking it one snow at a time.

Christmas break had its rough moments, but it was so great to be with family. And even harder to leave again. I cried at the airport, especially when standing outside of security, my 2 1/2 year old nephew said, "Amy, you come home to my house?"  I bawled until I was outside my gate.... my flight didn't get any better: turbulence, people sharing horror plane stories, crying babies, and after a two hour delay being told we would most likely land in Albuquerque instead of Denver. Luckily we landed in Denver and my host family picked me up for an arrival back in the springs at 2 am that night.

I'm trying to settle in to the second half of the year. I'm getting reacquainted with my guitar and destroying old journals in editing and finding stories and inspiration. This time around I find I have a lot of time on my hands....apparently I can only stand to be without responsibilities for a little while, maybe I'll find part time work? Or take up underwater basket weaving.....

Through it all, God is so good. The lessons are going to go even deeper, and his presence is just so...close. I can only hope to be ready for what the next five months are going to bring.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...