Saturday, April 16, 2011

6 Weeks Left Update!


Time is flying out here in Colorado... after a mild winter, we only see the random snow overnight...although I hear tell it's not uncommon to still get a big snow in April or May. It's hard to believe that in a month and a half, I'll be packing up the green bullet and heading back East to Virginia to wait and see what God has next.

Classes are pretty awesome this module, especially with guest lectures like Paul Baloche in our songwriting course! We also have a solid Systematic Theology class and alongside worship practicum and applied music theory...well, the lessons we are learning are endless.

I do feel a bit like I can't get my feet under me since spring break. I went from losing Grandpa Cox and experiencing my first family loss, to playing catch up with missed classes back out here, and just when I feel like I can wrap my head around healing and adjusting to where I am at...this week Bubba went into the hospital with pneumonia. He's now recovering at home now, but you want to talk about opening up a rawness inside of me that I wasn't ready to face yet? I had to remind myself that not everyone that goes into the hospital with pneumonia comes out with a terminal tumor in their lungs, but the honest cry of my heart was, "This is too hard. It's too soon....too soon."

When I sent the text to friends, "hey my grandfather is in the hospital, I'm waiting to hear more"...the common response was... is this a text from 3 weeks ago I'm now just getting? I showed up to my weekly dinner Tuesday night and when asked about Bubba, I said, "He went home" and then quickly recovered, "but not to the Lord! Just to our house...I mean, he was released from the hospital." Whew, didn't realize how that was going to sound before it came out.

And in the midst of a strong desire to be home, the green bullet got terribly ill...vomiting liquid everywhere on Monday, prompting a trip to an auto shop to my relief what I thought was only a broken radiator cap and a $45 charge....but as things go these days, it merely put a band aid on the larger problem/leak which just yesterday required a complete water pump system replacement...which costs a lot more.... a whole lot more....

I'm taking each hiccup as it comes and am more determined than ever to press in to the things of God and community and hope.  Turns out, the fam back in Virginia is under the onslaught of circumstances as well, between Bubba's recovery and a slew of pink eye, and flat tires..... all in the midst of continually working towards moving houses... but tonight I am with friends celebrating birthdays and community...for that I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...