Friday, April 22, 2011

A Raw and Hopeful Heart

There are some things that are hard to go through the first time, much less a second time a month later.  I think about the timing of my arrival into Colorado Springs, to the School of Worship.  I left a stable and healthy home and it is only in the home stretch that it looks a bit more grim in VA.  Bubba has been in the hospital with pneumonia, sent home, and now is back in... and it looks like when he does come home again, it will be with IV's and strict diet and who knows what else as his care... another huge shift to how the family operates and functions.  We all want Bubba well, happy, and comfortable, and I know the family will rally together to make that happen.... just the fact that we lost Grandpa Cox last month makes all of this..... hurt really bad.  And to be all the way out in CO doing my best to persevere to finish out the last few weeks... let's just say the bags are easily packed at a moments notice.  I am reassured that God has all of us in his hands and his grace and peace will hold us steady through the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...