Saturday, August 28, 2010

Colorado!!!!

After five days of traveling, three of them across the country, thousands of miles, a couple of hotel rooms, and a handful of delightful tourist traps, I am safely in Colorado Springs, Colorado!!!!!  For the next few days I am being hosted by the Owens family, while I search for a room to rent and settle in for the next nine months.  I am grateful for their hospitality and the orientation to the Springs that staying with them is providing! God is good!
This is the view out of the kitchen window this morning... amazing!!!!! Colorado Springs seems to me to be all houses crammed together against the backdrop of this mountain range.  I'm told half a million people live here...too many to become friends with in so little time!
Chocolate muffins for breakfast...yum, yum!
Last night PJ and I went to the Mill at New Life, the college/twenty something age service.  There were lights, a fully outfitted band, and a crowded room...I'm excited for all I can learn here.  I won't lie though, I had been so focused on just getting here, that I was not prepared for the onslaught of emotions associated with realizing I am so far from home for the next few months with only an address in hand of a bed to sleep in and my last tie to Virginia flying out in the morning.... bravery still has its moments of pure terror... :o)
Having not eaten since lunch and having gone through another time zone change, PJ and I were pretty hungry and grumpy by the end of the Mill, so we headed to Taco Bell where we ran into some people who had also come from New Life...yay!  Leaving to head to the Owens, we saw fireworks across town, so we stopped to watch.  I claimed them as "welcome to colorado springs", PJ claimed them as "happy birthday PJ", but really they were to celebrate some sports team or another... 

I am blown away by how God is providing and I know that he will be working things out in the next week and I'm excited for worship tomorrow morning at New Life and orientation on Monday.... Let's get this thing rolling!!!!!  But I am hoping for a quiet day today, just to breathe, play some guitar looking out at the mountains... enjoying the company of new friends. I'll be posting about our road trip adventures over the next week or so... we had some good times, to include a six legged cow, and the wonder tower (aka pay a guy a dollar to climb up a sketch mcgetch tower and see six states, and hold all sorts of things he claims as "antiques".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...