Saturday, December 11, 2010

Intensives

Today is oh so nice, I'm only five days from flying home for Christmas, and I've decided to take it easy, rest, and complete all the little projects I have in mind that have been waiting for me to sit still long enough to complete them.  We are in a period of classes called Intensives, the three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's where all the odds and ends have been thrown, topics and activities that wouldn't fit into our normal 10 week modules.  Mostly speeches, sound training, and recording our audio snippets for the website. The only bad part is that it leads to a lot of sitting around, days of not having much to do, because with 60 of us, we have to rotate through some of the sound and recording classes.
Two major projects were assigned, an eight minute speech, and a garage band recording.  I nailed the speech on the first day, giving a Spy Museum like intro, and talking about my desire to have a script which has led me into these tour guiding experiences, but that God has given us a script, and I referenced 2 Corinthians 5, how we have been given the "ministry of reconciliation", called to be "Christ's ambassadors" and even quoted the amazing Trevor Hudson in "the invitation of the gospel is to come alive."  God is welling this desire in me to speak, ....in his words? "I'm giving you a voice, be ready."  What could that even mean?!?!?!
The garage band recording, which all my pictures come from, was my weaker element, having never used the program combined with little knowledge of recording itself.  So yesterday I spent the day with fellow students to get my project done with help and encouragement.  And to stay out of any realm of competition (we all try not to compete, but we all desire to do our best and be creative), :o) I avoided the realm of realistic music and recorded "Wheels on the Bus", a christmas present for my nephews.  I even had Adam and his 4 year old son, Josh, sing verses to add some variety within the track.  They will all be receiving cookies for their help!  And I'm quite excited to play my project in the midst of really awesome worship tunes and original songs.

But I am also really excited to go home!!! To play with Nate and Jacob, chat with the grandparents, bother Becky while she's watching TV, spend time with Mom and Dad....cuddle with Mitch. On a sidenote, I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and am in awe of Harrison Ford, such a good looking stud in his younger days....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...