Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Birthday Week!

Twenty Seven years old. It's a big birthday, on the decline of my mid-twenties and closing the gap quickly to the big 3-0.... Good thing the Quinns, our School of Worship family from Ireland, helped create a Colorado version of a Castle Cake with a birthday lunch the day before.  I love this family dearly, and to have a mini birthday party on a Sunday afternoon...perfection! Of course, Josh had to have his cake with candles as well... he prefers to pretend it's his birthday as well.
Little Jonah, actually not getting into trouble for once....completely occupied with a keyboard that isn't even turned on.
So the birthday celebrating began on Sunday with the Quinn's, followed up Sunday night by dinner out with Mary at Biaggi's, a very awesome Italian place, swing dancing at the VFW with Crystal, and then on into my actual birthday on Monday.

There is something so special about just waking up and knowing its your birthday. A day devoted to you, where nothing should go wrong, but even if it does, well, it's your birthday. Do what you want. I still had classes and voice lessons, but I did score some super cheap sewing magazines at the book sale at the library and came home to Mary baking me a cake!
Also, in addition to cards from family, my sister sent me flowers!!!! First time I've ever gotten flowers sent to me, and they are absolutely amazing... the roses have opened up the past couple of days and every time I walk into my room, they make me smile.
Haha....I didn't rotate the pictures before uploading...oh well, a little rustic and endearing. My birthday ended with skyping family and eating dinner with several friends at Outback. I HAD to have steak!!! So much celebrating left me tired come Tuesday morning, but nonetheless, it has been a terrific week and I will claim birthday happiness as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...