Monday, May 2, 2011

Celestial Seasonings Factory in Boulder

Due to time and other constraints, the long list that I had of things left to do had been considerably shortened the last few weeks or so.  Which made it even more delightful to hop in the car with Mallory and her friend Rochelle in a trip to Boulder that included the Celestial Seasonings Factory! Something I've been wanting to do all along.

We went on a Saturday, so the factory wasn't in production. As they told us there, the factory is in use for 24 hours for five straight days which allows all the employees two days off on the weekends.  We had a bit of time before our tour, and so we spent time sampling from among 75 different teas.  Only about 6 or 7 teas are out for self serve, but all the others are given on request to try.

I was not really impressed with our guide for the tour, she lacked an enthusiasm and shifted her weight a lot more than necessary.  But we did get sweet hair nets to wear and were told to put the cameras away.  The most potent room we walked into was the mint room, kept separate from all the other teas because, well, no one wants every single tea to have a mint flavor!  As we were touring the main factory floor, we noticed a radio playing somewhere nearby with the song "Pour some sugar on me"....seems almost fitting to the soundtrack of a tea factory, especially since I only drink tea with some sort of sweetener in it.
I will say this, walking around the gift shop afterwards made me wish I was more of an innately bred tea drinker.  Why shouldn't I have a spoon that hangs on the edge of a tea cup??? It just never comes to mind to drink it. I'm much more of a mocha coffee gal.  But I'd like to think that one day my stove top will have a colorful tea pot always at the ready to brew a hot, welcoming, cup of tea. Okay, it's main purpose will be for hot chocolate....
It's nice to dream regardless.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...