Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Slight Obsession with Harold Camping

It was a year ago that I first saw the SUV decked out in all its judgement day/raptured glory.  I was driving to work and there it was, parked outside of a house in a Northern VA suburban neighborhood.  It became a fixture of my daily route and if it was gone for the day, I felt the very slightest twinge of sadness that I was unaware of what the car was out doing.

Naturally, I googled the date and found a vast array of knowledge on the subject of May 21, 2011 as judgement day and of its predictor, Harold Camping, head of Family Radio based out of California.  I found Camping had made a similar prediction in 1994, but when it didn't pan out, he adjusted his math to project forward into 2011.

Saturday, May 21, 2011, was all I could hope it would be.  There were tweets and facebook posts and articles all day long as those aware of Camping's prediction made comments and jokes.  Since the rapture was supposed to happen at 6pm whatever time zone you were in, I set my dinner party for 6:30....just so I wouldn't have to cook the ground beef if we did meet Jesus...:o)

A video on yahoo yesterday, showed a saddened and defeated Camping poking his head out his door to say he needed time to figure it all out and he didn't want any interviews yet. But never fear! Camping did not delay in further shifting his prediction in an article released today.  In his way of thinking, a "spiritual" rapture took place on Saturday rather than a physical one and we have all been placed under Christ's judgement.  And the destruction of the world will still happen 5 months from now on October 21, 2011.

As interesting as all this is, I believe we won't know the day or time as it says in Matthew 24:36- "No one knows the day or the hour..." I just love characters....and well, good ole, Harold, he is a character 100%!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...