Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Project Spy: My New Home for the Next Two Months

After a couple of weeks of constant motion, I can feel my heart slowly settle in to a new place with new and familiar faces.  I am excited to be here in the blue ridge, at a church that is mission minded and Christ driven.  We have an awesome staff that is ready to jump in and get to work, and I am looking forward with anticipation to what God is going to do around us, through us, in us as well as the kids that come here this summer. We had some staff bonding time floating down the New River tubing yesterday, and I realized just how deeply I had come to miss the combination of water and mountains that Southwest Virginia holds.  A flyover of jets did momentarily cause a pang of remembering only a week and a half ago I was at New Life eating hamburgers and watching the Air Force Academy's graduation flyover...

Crazy how fast life changes.  Now there are five of us living in the back of Fieldstone, getting the area prepped and the summer planned and programmed.  We were welcomed yesterday with rooms ready, baskets of goodies to enjoy, and cards made by the kids.
The surprise of the day was a note from long time friends the Barnes family. The first grandchild had been baptized at Fieldstone this past Sunday and while I did get to see Troy, Natalie, and little Avery, I do have the promise to see the rest when they come through later in the summer!
 We are spending our mornings in planning, afternoons in prep, and then are being hosted in the evenings for dinner by the families in the church... promises to be good times and food!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...