Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 1 Down!

Whew! We sent our first campers off this morning after some avid packing and cleaning. It was a crazy week of figuring out how everything would work.  We found some things to be awesome, like brown box skits, and others to need some adjustment.  I was humbled in leading worship, it was difficult and challenging for me this past week, to teach, to connect, to lead.

There are many different dynamics this summer, the constant flux of people, living in a warehouse, in a room without a ceiling, leading both at night for camp and Sunday morning while the regular worship leader is gone for five or six weeks, all taking adjustment.  I am thankful for our brief sabbath to recharge and spend some time in quiet.  The next wave of campers comes tomorrow, and where we had less than forty campers this past week, this next week will hold 74!

There hasn't been much time for blogging lately, but I did acquire a ukulele this past week and the story behind that will be forthcoming.... I love being back in Virginia, but I did leave part of my heart back in Colorado....miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...