Friday, July 8, 2011

50% Done and Dreaming Big

The campers departing today marks the halfway point of the summer for the staff here at Project SPY.  We have four more weeks of camp, a week of clean up and then we are all done.  And it feels like just yesterday I was in Colorado....

We have had some awesome campers this week.  It's a smaller group of only two churches, but they have connected and mingled right from the start, and they love to sing....so good for my heart this week! They play games like nobody's business, and they have been a joy to be around.  Burke UMC is here this week, where I worked back in 06-07, and the boys that were so little when in elementary school, have sprouted in gigantic forces now that they are older.

I got back to Christiansburg Tuesday, in time to get ready for band practice and speak at program.  Tuesday nights are my time to share a bit of testimony from the last two years, read the story of the woman who broke a jar of perfume and poured it out on Jesus, anointing him.  Hers was not a popular decision, but one that she did in response to her Savior.  We, as followers of Christ, must be willing to be continually broken, so we can be poured out in the name of the one we love.  Maybe I'll post more in depth about it one of these days. This past weekend was a reminder of the continual process of it all....
The River at Colonial Beach
It was good to see family for a few days.  Nine months with only two short trips home was a long time to be away, and with the move to Colonial Beach, things are in a constant state of flux and change.
Fireworks in Colonial Beach, July 4th
I'm praying and discerning my next step after SPY is over... I'm leaning towards staying in the New River Valley, but the hows and wheres of it all are details to be lead into.  Around here we've been dreaming, scheming, and desiring God's will above all else. It is once again exciting, but daunting, this trust, this love for God that pulls me forward into the unknown. I wouldn't have it any other way. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...