Monday, October 11, 2010

My 6 Minute Speech!!!


I successfully completed my 6 minute speech for organizational communications class last week.  Once I had an idea to run with, I was excited to try it out... a definite change in my heart towards public speaking in recent months...:o)


I began with the above video, which I can't get to upload properly, but suffice it to say it is one of Nate and mine's guitar lessons where he throws the pick into the guitar and just as I am saying we'll have to use our fingers to pick the strings, he has gone booger digging so I say, "not our noses, not our noses."  I loved getting to use the video to introduce Nate and set up the topic for my speech.  I talked about imitating Christ, how in Ephesians it says to "imitate Christ as dearly loved children."  Just like Nate wants to imitate and copy my guitar playing.  The awesome thing about children? They don't always get it right, and sometimes they end up in the uncooperative chair, but they still try.  Anyways, it was a good time.  I got a good chuckle out of the class as I spoke on some of the ways we've all tried to imitate people around us, including "moving to Colorado and beginning to purchase plaid clothing because that's what everyone is wearing"... said as I was wearing my new plaid jacket.

Good times, and the point of the whole thing? Pick Jesus, not your nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...