Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party!

For the past few years I have upheld the tradition of a pumpkin carving party regardless of where I've been living. So we threw down some plastic and got to work in the spare garage.  Three in attendance had never carved a pumpkin before which other than Jewel, who is from Ghana, just blows my mind.  How do you get to your mid twenties without carving a pumpkin?!?!?! In America?!?!??!?!
We got to meet John's wife, who will officially be moving here in January and was up for the weekend.  I love getting to meet the families and people important to these guys... makes for more interesting back stories. :o)
Charlie came...although just the sight and smell of pumpkin guts make him want to vomit... in his own words, "Amy, if you throw pumpkin guts at me I will throw up, I'm not kidding" (and that was on the phone the night before!)...but apparently his love of functions is stronger than his weak stomach...:o)
And the end result...beautiful, beautiful pumpkins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...