Monday, October 4, 2010

Pinata Devotional

Last week it was my turn to lead my team's devotional time.  The school of worship students are broken into five separate teams and each team is assigned to an intern/staff.  I had the idea to make a pinata from week one when Cindy led a devotion based off of a box of chocolates.... and so I deviously planned around it.

I spoke on the verse from Psalm 95 that says, "Today when you hear his voice do not harden your hearts."  The Psalm starts out with praises of singing and music...exactly what we are doing here, and then moves into warning against the hardening of hearts...the psalm is quoted again in the book of Hebrews chapter 3, where it talks about how we need to fix our eyes of Jesus and that God is going to build something within us if we are open to it.  I was focusing on my own struggles to not shut down in the endless discussions, sermons, books to read, etc. Both passages say a lot more than just that, but that's what we pulled out in our short time of conversing...I was way more excited about showing my physical application.... so I said, "well, I brought a hardened heart for us to soften, and I pulled out my masterpiece that took most of the week to make and we headed out to the windy parking lot and tied it on a tree branch.

The poor heart only lasted one hit before falling down, but the candy stayed inside through a punting and a toss to hit....It was a fun and light hearted time with a team that I love!  Although if it comes back to me to lead again, I really don't know how I'll top that one...:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...