Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have so much to be thankful this year.... a brilliant opportunity to learn and explore, amazing friends, a great host home, a supportive family... the list could go on.

But it's also my first major holiday away from home...one more slight tear in the heart being separated from those I love most.  And while invitations to dinners have been a plenty (seriously I have been invited by friends and strangers alike....and then some!), I wanted this year to look completely different.  So Darci and I are spending the day volunteering with the  Salvation Army at one of their many community holiday dinners and the evening with friends who throw a big thanksgiving feast for those away from home.  I am excited for all the people I will meet! Oh yeah, and some pumpkin pie and turkey!!!

I hosted small group last night, tacos! And for dessert I had everyone make a candy turkey... just like we do every year at home... I bet Nate is old enough to give it a shot this  year!  Anyways, this is Cale's creation...not sure what it is supposed to be...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...