Monday, November 8, 2010

St. Louis- Gateway to the West

Finally! The last post from the westward road trip!  PJ and I made a stop in St. Louis to see the arch: The Gateway to the West. We didn't go up to the top 1) because I don't understand how the thing stands and 2) there is no way you would get me into one of those tiny cars to ride all the way up.  BUT I was quite excited to discover underneath the arch the Museum of Westward Expansion!!!!
First off, combining my love of museums, history, and the west is perfect!

My preferred mode of transportation...turns out no one uses these anymore so they are only in museums now.
PJ as Thomas Jefferson.
If housing hadn't worked out so well, I may have found myself building a sod house.
Did you know that they've actually built a bridge to go over the Mississippi now? And you no longer have to ride one of those wooden ferries pulled by a rope across the water? :o)
We ate lunch on the Mississippi, at a little stand.  It was greasy and yummy and good!
I remember standing in St. Louis and thinking to myself, "West...here I come."
St. Louis is one place I would really like to go back to and visit.  We only really hit this one place and I'm sure there are a multitude of cool things to do there...one day!  Well, this sums up the road trip.  A few of us found cheap flights on southwest so in December we are flying to Salt Lake City for 48 hours of whatever mischief we can get into.  Thanksgiving has been turned into a staycation with road trips too daunting to take on right now.... but who knows come spring time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...