Thursday, September 9, 2010

Colorado Springs Farmers Market

I realize I have been a bit spoiled with the Old Town Farmer's Market back in VA, the nation's oldest farmer's market, where 84 year old men still run booths their families have had since before even their time.  As my first market here in the Springs, it was a bit disappointing, more crafty and full of jewelry than fresh produce...but I still love the spirit that comes from fresh air, new acquaintances, and the hope of good food!




The most interesting vendor was a woman making yarn from llama wool, the booth held all sorts of fun woven products, including feet warmers. They were guaranteed to last all winter, but at $40 a pair, I had to pass.







Recycled Glass...awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...