Thursday, September 30, 2010

United Nations Boys

I happen to be living in a house right now that is awesome in its hosting capabilities.  For about a week and a half, there were three directors from VisionTrust (i.e. a compassion like company), staying there.  With completely different schedules and no real time to sit down and learn about them when they first arrived, I started referring to them as the "UN boys".  I was blessed to go to their benefit dinner, also celebrating the founder, Earnie Dyke's 50 years in ministry.  The next morning, all the directors came to New Life... it was exciting to see them as they came in and welcome them...almost like I was back at the Vine in my typical run and squeal method.
 Monday night, everyone from VisionTrust came over for a potluck dinner.  Unfortunately  Mary became ill only an hour before everyone arrived, but the rest of us chipped in to host... I've become quite comfortable opening the door to strangers and inviting them in!
 I can say now that we hosted Jimmy from Maya mar, Sammy from Thailand, and Abraham from Cambodia.  Three sweet men, that are working with orphaned and underprivileged children all around the world.  I have such respect for them! I stole Sammy and Jimmy for a quick pic, complete with Reese, Mary and Doug's grandson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...