Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Green Bullet


I love this little car.  He's doing his best out here on the hills and inclines of Colorado and I'd like to think he'll adjust even more and soon we'll be rocking out on I-25 with the big dogs.  We've already got our own share of stories... being run off the road by a trucker in Indiana (don't worry they make really wide shoulders on their interstates), getting the back window shattered by a rock chipped up by a weed whacker, and for the first time ever getting out of a speeding ticket!

The only reason I could want to share this story, is the happy outcome.  I was going to be late for classes and this one road has a lot of downhill to it...well, suffice it to say that my car actually gained speed for the first time and I didn't stop it from happening.  At that same moment, on this two lane road, a cop happened to be driving towards me, flipped his lights on and slowed down to do a u-turn.  I didn't even try to pretend it wasn't me and seeing a side road coming up, I pulled off so we weren't left trying to have a conversation on this narrow, pretty busy road.  An article on yahoo from a couple of weeks back, actually came to mind, and I took the advice to heart.  I immediately apologized for speeding, kept my hands on the steering wheel, let him know I was reaching into my bag. He told me he was going to write me a ticket and as he headed back to his car, I'm pretty sure I said, "I am really sorry, my car just hasn't handled these roads well at all and I was just excited it was finally going somewhere."  I'm also pretty sure I saw him pause at those words and then keep walking.  When he came back, he handed me all my paperwork and said, "I'll let you off with a warning this time, but next time I'll write you a citation for $238."

Whew! I have never gotten out of a ticket before!  I credit it all to yahoo, the site that always has those catchy pictures that make you want to read the articles. I strolled into class 10 minutes late, but at least I didn't have a hefty fine on top of it!  So back to under the speed limit the green bullet and I go...my heart can't handle more legal confrontations.

Newest update on the green bullet: the plastic guard that one side was wired into place, has officially all disconnected... hopefully someone knows how to put that back on.....

2 comments:

  1. If that car ever makes it back to VA I will be shocked. And I stand firm in the fact that you should have been a lawyer. You can talk your way out of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! No ticket! I agree with Becky - if the green bullet lives to see the "mountains" of VA again, I will be impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...